Shipley School

Closing in 1978, the Shipley School was the last rural school to operate in Stark County. It originally opened in 1897 as St. Anthony School Number 16 and in 1908 was changed to the Shipley School. The building was originally located southeast of Dickinson.

The last year that the school was in operation was in 1977-1978. Miss Marlene Kadrmas was the teacher and the children who attended the school were Glen and Marty Koffler and Carol, Loren and Lisa Kubishta.

The building was donated to the park by the school district and was moved to the site in 1980.

The interior of the Shipley School classroom.

View of the interior of the Shipley School looking from the front of the classroom.

Coat room in the Shipley School.

  

Located next to the Shipley School in Prairie Outpost Park is a school bell from Dunn County.

*This building is accessible to visitors with disabilities.

This site is protected by Comment SPAM Wiper.